Monday 14 November 2011

i miss my mom

Got my Reader's Digest today and read Michelle Obama's article on family values. The last question addressed her feelings about her Mother, who lives at the White House with them. What she said...about her Mom....made me miss mine more.

I miss being able to call my Mom. It took so many years and work to forgive her to have so little time to enjoy her. I feel jipped. I wish I had listened more...and spoke less...I wish I had talked when she was willing to listen to me. She was willing to listen. Forgiveness and time and healing gave me that...gave us that. Finally a relationship only to watch her die.

First Lady Obama said that after her mother listens she tells her to "get up and get it together". That is the motherly advice I desperately need right now.

Thank you Mrs. President. I think I will...after a good healthy cry. I might even write my Mother a letter....all those things I wish I could tell her. Somehow I believe she will still listen....and would tell me to "give it a good cry and get it together".

No comments:

Post a Comment